Welcome! We are Creative Services – your one-stop resource where a range of communication and marketing projects are produced from start to finish.
How do I get started?
For a short site overview and introduction to the navigation, go to the video housed in the “How To…” section. The basic steps are:
- Click “Sign-In” in the main menu.
- Click “Create an Account” (for first-time users).
- Complete fields with name, email, address and phone number.
- Your email is your username.
- Create a password unique to you
You will then be registered. A personalized Customer Dashboard will be created. On this Dashboard you can browse and order products as well as view order history, estimates and invoices, and check project status.
University Relations can help you determine the most effective marketing strategies. Email email@example.com or call 423-439-4317 for more information.
- Marketing, New Project Development, Social Media, Advertising: Jennifer Barber 439-3642, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotional Items: Barb Mason 439-4766, email@example.com
- Design: Robin Fisher, 439-2401, firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephen Russell, 439-4250, email@example.com
- Printing/Production: Fred Conley, 439-2405, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Services: Don McCarty, 439-6895, email@example.com
- Photography: Charlie Warden 439-4762, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations: Process/Site Management/Accounts: Jill Fair, 439-2400, email@example.com
What is ETSU Creative Services?
Creative Services is not a department. It is a new and different approach for utilizing established design, print and mail service departments at East Tennessee State University. Creative Services is the platform from which University Relations (Identity, ETSU Number and Photography), Biomedical Communications (BMC), and ETSU Postal Services collaborate to bring your products to life. This umbrella results in a streamlined one-stop-shop environment where you can:
- order creative projects
- receive and approve cost estimates
- gain Identity/Postal/ETSU Number reviews and approvals
- track status from project inception through production
- reference historical data
All the steps involved in making your creative project happen are at your fingertips on your personalized dashboard via your workstation, tablet or mobile device, 24/7. The people working within these service groups combine their ETSU institutional knowledge, resources, training, education and industry experience in the fields of marketing, design, production and mail to provide you with a dynamic team.
Why this initiative?
The Creative Services website provides a place where service departments can collectively serve the distinct needs of their customers. By driving creative projects through this custom-built site, an easy-to-use process is established campus-wide. Projects can be directed appropriately for management with:
- Best design, reflecting brand;
- Best set-up, resulting in efficient production and mailing; and
- Best production method, generating high quality and cost efficiency.
This results in a reduction in cost and waste, eliminates confusing processes and duplication of effort, and provides the ETSU community with an easier process. The University brand is strengthened through consistency, which also results in a strong presentation of your message.
What is a one-stop-shop?
All the steps between project inception and final production, regardless of the team member involved, are included and are part of a larger streamlined process. Your platform is a personalized environment where all project information is housed in one spot. Creative Services provides:
- Consultation and Project Planning
- Design Conceptualization and Development
- Content Development
- High Quality Printing and Production
- Imagery and Photography Coordination
- Variable Data and Mail Campaign Planning
- Mailing and Fulfillment
- Identity and ETSU Number Reviews and Approvals
- Step-By-Step Project Status Updates
- Historical Data Reporting
- Advertising Assistance
- Promotional/Specialty Product Fulfillment
How do I order a product?
Your experience will be similar to online shopping: shop and choose a product, place the order, provide direction and give approvals, receive delivery.
There are three design options:
- Utilize our experienced designers.
- Design your own project and upload a print-ready file .
- Use a provided template and upload your print-ready file. (less complex projects)
How do I pay for my products?
Costs incurred on a project are “tied” to it through our customized system, and follow it throughout production. When the project is completed, costs are summarized for your review. Because we are internal, an eBucs purchase order isn’t necessary from the ETSU customer (faculty and staff). Once costs have been verified, the total is automatically deducted from the department’s provided index number or grant. If a purchase order is used for payment, (MEAC Clinics or VA) the invoice is emailed directly to that accounting office for payment. Students may pay for their projects with cash or credit card.